What Is A Thames Water Build Over Agreement

To find out if you are eligible for a self-circified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above) … Or ask us! A Thames Water Build over Agreement is a quality label for proposed work and will generally be required for all excavation work within 3 metres of a public canal or flow. If you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, simply complete the online questionnaire and start your work immediately (provided your work conforms to the description you gave in the online questionnaire). A self-certified agreement is free. So what is a public channel or a flow, to simplify, a channel that serves more than one property enters the scope of a thames Water Build over Agreement. As well as a flow and, in particular, the point where the drain pipe crosses the border from one property to another. If the sewers are not inside and/or more than 160 mm in diameter, we will not grant approval until we have completed a CCTV review prior to construction. You can then do the approved work. This is why Thames Water`s construction contracts exist and are generally necessary for the proposed structure to receive a certificate of clearance of the construction code, also known as the ”drawing” of the building rules.

We saw a case where the owner assumed that the contractor had handled the Thames Water Build over Agreement, while the contractor assumed it was the owner. This confusion resulted in a four-week delay in the work, while location studies were conducted, plans were drawn up and Thames Water Engineer visited the website. How is sewer and sewer ownership determined? The property that starts the flow race is called the ”race head.” This pipe is private. Once the tube crosses the border into the sdrittland, it becomes a ”side runoff.” As soon as the second property connects to the lateral flow, the pipe becomes a ”public channel.” All sewers and sewers built prior to July 1, 2011 and connected to our system are part of the public sewer system, which is owned by Thames Water and maintained by Thames Water. There are different applications for different sizes of sewers. Class 1 1,160mm diameter or small (indoor/commercial) class 2,160 – 375mm diameter Class 3 greater than 375mm diameter For all classes except internally, we must conduct a closed circuit survey (CCTV) before starting work to determine if repair work is required. Further investigation is required when your building is completed to verify that the sewers have not been damaged.